COLLEEN MILLS KURSON, LMHC
Colleen Mills Kurson, LMHC
I have been practicing therapy for almost 20 years in a variety of settings. Prior to starting my private practice, I worked with individuals and families in community mental health centers. I have been a Clinical Supervisor and Clinic Director as well as an Adjunct Faculty member at Boston University's School of Medicine in the Mental Health Counseling and Behavioral Medicine Graduate Program.
I enjoy working with clients from a Cognitive Behavioral lens to explore how a person's experiences intersect with his/her perspectives about these experiences and how this influences his/her emotional reactions and beliefs. I work to explore what coping skills have already been employed and collaborate to develop additional healthy coping skills.
I have received additional training in:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for Children with Depression & Anxiety
- SPACE (Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions)
- CBT for Perinatal Mental Health
Hours & Availability:
- In person and virtual availability on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Virtual availability on Thursdays.
- For consultation services please contact me directly to see about current availability
Insurances & Rates:
- Currently out of network for all insurance plans
- Rates start at $200 and are dependent on type of service
- Sliding scale rates are available
- Some insurances offer reimbursement for out of network services. I am happy to discuss your plan specifics and work with you to get reimbursed if this is an option through your plan.